Verak, The Beholder Youth
Speed: 20 feet (flight); 5 feet (grounded)
Attack—Lunges forward for a bite attack with a reach of 5 feet. 5 piercing damage upon hit.
Charge—Rush forth with all of its might towards a target, any creature in the path of the charge must make DC 14 dexterity save. If fail, they take 2d8 worth of bludgeoning damage. If successful, they take half as much.
Anti-magic field—An invisible field protrudes from the Beholder’s single eye to a range of 100 feet. Any creatures within its cone are considered silenced and cannot cast magic.
Eye Rays—The Beholder Youth only has 6 out of the usual 10 eye stems, each of which has a different effect.
• Stonegaze—A laser shoots out from one of the stems. If the attack roll connects, they take 2d6 worth of bludgeoning damage. The target must succeed on DC 13 Constitution save throw or become petrified.
• Freeze Ray—+4 to attack rolls. If hits, target takes 2d6 worth of ice damage and they must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution save throw or become frozen for 1d6 turns.
• Rustic Gaze— 4 to attack rolls. If hit, target takes 2d6 worth of bludgeoning damage and must succeed on a DC 12 Wisdom save throw or become blinded.
• Sleep Ray— 2 worth of dark damage. In doing so, the Beholder Youth restores half of the HP taken from the attack.
Legendary Actions (3 Points)
• Once More—The first time its HP goes to 0, it can be revived with 1 HP (can only use once)
• Void’s Luck—If you fail a saving throw, you can choose to succeed instead
• Mind Shatter—As a reaction, declare 1d8 psychic damage to the person who targeted you